The TreeLine USA® program exists to recognize best practices in public and private utility arboriculture, demonstrating how trees and utilities can co-exist for the benefit of communities and citizens.
Five Core Standards
- Quality Tree Care — Industry standards for pruning, planting, removals, trenching, and tunneling near trees are consistently followed.
- Annual Worker Training — Utility employees and contract workers are trained at least annually in best practices.
- Tree Planting and Public Education — Tree planting and public education programs are available to the public and paying customers, demonstrating proper tree planting, placement, and pruning while expanding the tree canopy in the community.
- Tree-Based Energy Conservation Program — A formal tree-based energy conservation program is in place, putting special consideration on the value of trees in conserving energy.
- Arbor Day Celebration — Sponsorship of or participation in annual Arbor Day events at the community level are documented, including collaboration with community groups whenever possible. Utility companies that comply with these core standards are welcome to print and submit a Tree Line USA application form to enroll.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lauren Weyers at (402) 473-9578
The following browsers and versions are supported:
- Internet Explorer 11 Version 11.0.9600.18204 Edge (Windows only-please make sure your operating system is also current as noted in the computer specifications )
- Safari 9 and 10 (Macintosh only) Chrome version 53.0.2785143m
- Firefox version 49.0.1 (Extended Releases are not supported) Flash 22 and 23 (used for recording or viewing audio/video and uploading files)