The TreeLine USA® program exists to recognize best practices in public and private utility arboriculture, demonstrating how trees and utilities can co-exist for the benefit of communities and citizens.
Five Core Standards
- Quality Tree Care — Industry standards for pruning, planting, removals, trenching, and tunneling near trees are consistently followed.
- Annual Worker Training — Utility employees and contract workers are trained at least annually in best practices.
- Tree Planting and Public Education — Tree planting and public education programs are available to the public and paying customers, demonstrating proper tree planting, placement, and pruning while expanding the tree canopy in the community.
- Tree-Based Energy Conservation Program — A formal tree-based energy conservation program is in place, putting special consideration on the value of trees in conserving energy.
- Arbor Day Celebration — Sponsorship of or participation in annual Arbor Day events at the community level are documented, including collaboration with community groups whenever possible. Utility companies that comply with these core standards are welcome to print and submit a Tree Line USA application form to enroll.
If you have any questions, please send an email to treelineus[email protected] or call Lauren Weyers at (402) 473-9578
The following browsers and versions are supported:
- Google Chrome is the preferred web browser for this application.
- Safari 9 and newer
- Firefox version 49.0.1 and newer